Punjabi chole is a north Indian dish which is super easy to cook .It is a protein rich food that can be included in your menu easily. Pickle is the perfect partner of punjabi chole so you can pair up DelicasiA Mango Pickle or Mixed Veg Pickle along with bhatura or kulcha to complete your dish.
All you need to know about cooking this amazing punjabi dish is right here in just 10 steps :
1) Soak the chickpeas in water overnight and then discard its water in the morning .
2) Now , take spices : black cardamoms ,peppercorns , cloves , bay leaves & cinnamon stick in a small pan & dry roast on low heat for 2 minutes ,then grind into powder form using a grinder.
3) chop onion, tomato, garlic , ginger & green chilies and then make a smooth puree in a blender.
4) Now , heat the oil in a pressure cooker on medium heat. Once hot add cumin seeds/jeera and let it sizzle a bit.
5) Then add the prepared onion-tomato puree & salt. Let it cook until it becomes a thick paste & oil starts to ooze out from the masala.
6) Then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, dried mango powder & the powder prepared at step 2.
7) Mix properly & cook for a minute. Then add soaked chana & water and cover the cooker with its lid.
8) Cook on medium flame for 25 minutes. Let the pressure go down by itself & then open its lid.
9) Check the chana, it should be properly cooked & soft. Also ,check the gravy's consistency. If it is thin, then let it simmer for a few minutes. If it is too thick , just add some more water & simmer for a few minutes.
10) Lastly, garnish the chole with fresh coriander & serve hot.